Choosing a florist for your wedding can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Having worked with hundreds of couples to manage and design their wedding, we know that finding the right florist is key to making your special day beautiful and memorable.
That’s why we’ve put together this list of 8 steps to help you navigate the process and find a florist that brings your vision to life.
1.Set a budget: Before you start talking to florists, it’s important to have a clear idea of what you’re looking to spend on your floral arrangements. This will help you narrow down your options and find a florist that can work within your budget. A good rule of thumb is to expect to spend between 10%-20% of your overall budget on your floral designs.
2. Research florists: Look for florists that specialize in weddings and have a portfolio of previous work that you can review. Look for florists who are in your area and have experience with the type of flowers and style of arrangements you are looking for.
For example, we specialize in creating eco-friendly designs that replicate nature rather than the high glam style and floral arrangements designed into specific shapes (think hydrangea balls).
3. Check their reviews: Once you have a list of florists you’re interested in, read their reviews to see what other couples have said about their work. This can give you a good idea of the level of service and quality you can expect. Even if they are newer and only have a few reviews, you can get a good idea of what previous clients experienced.
4. Ask about their environmental impact: Make sure to ask your potential florists about their practices in terms of sustainability. Do they source their product locally? Do they recycle and compost while designing? Do they avoid toxic products, like traditional floral foam?
5. Schedule a call or meeting: This is a great opportunity to get a chance to talk to them and see if you like their personality and the way they work with you to create your floral design.
6. Get a proposal: After your consultation, the florist should provide you with a detailed proposal that includes the cost, type of flowers, and style of arrangements. Make sure to read it carefully and ask any questions you may have before making a decision.
7. Check for a contract: The contract will outline the details of your wedding flowers, including the cost and patent schedule, type of flowers, delivery and setup details, and other agreements. This will secure your service and provide a clear understanding of the product and service that you will receive.
8. Confirm the final details: Look for a florist who is willing to communicate and stay in touch leading up to the wedding to ensure that everything is on track.
Your final numbers and design details may change from when you first contacted your florist. Just make sure that they have a process to confirm the entire order and design vision before ordering your flowers. This should happen about 30 days before your wedding date.
Choosing the right florist for your wedding is an important decision, but with these 8 steps, you’ll find a florist that can bring your vision to life and give you the experience you expect.
If you’re looking for a friendly wedding planner and florist in North Carolina, feel free to reach out to us and learn more about our floral design services.
We would love to help you make your special day beautiful!
Photographer Featured: Jen @jentalesman on Instagram
Flourish Wedding Design proudly serves couples in Mooresville, Lake Norman and greater Charlotte, NC area!
Already part of the Flourish Wedding Design family? Sign in to your client portal below!